Phaytea’s Pulse is participating in the #AtoZChallenge for 2017. The Theme is ‘Awakening of Self’ and ‘Safety Precautions for everyday Life’ is our entry for letter S. The theme focuses on character traits that will gear us towards Meaningful Living and will run for 26 days in April except sundays. Please stop by the blog everyday for subsequent posts as we read the 26 letters of the alphabet together. Enjoy!!☺☺
What precautions do you take or put in place to live a safe life?
Safety is everyone’s business and should not just be left for the lawmakers, firemen and policemen.
Safety precautions helps us avoid danger, risk or injury or even accept a certain level of risk that can be managed.
The idea is to put in effort to control hazards so that we can remain safe.
Living a meaningful life involves being safety conscious as this is not only helpful to you, but also helpful to the environment.
There are lots of safety precautions we can turn into habits.
Personally, I think I am obsessed with checking expiry dates. Once I pick an item from the shelf, I first check the expiry. I will share some other safety precautions we can inculcate into our everyday life.
- Always check the expiry date of a product.
- Do not self medicate.
- Try not to talk while eating.
- Always make sure someone is aware of your destination if you have to go out.
- Keep the kitchen door closed if you have kids in the house.
- Conversations over the mobile isn’t meant for public consumption. Keep it low.
- Avoid electrical appliances if your hands are wet.
- I always ensure i have call credit before going to bed.
- I clean inside my shoes before sliding my feet in.
- Online, try not to divulge too much information to a stranger.
- Driving, have kids sit at the back with seat belt fastened.
- Do not forget your key in the ignition or door keyhole.
- Always be alert.
- Have the ‘do not talk to or follow strangers’ conversation with your kids.
- Do not leave you drinks or bag unattended in public places.
Permit me to borrow our safety slogan at work:
Safety is everyone’s business especially yours .
Be proactive, safety conscious and alert.
Please share your thoughts if you take safety seriously.
Do you have any safety precaution you personally cannot overlook?
Love, Peace and Cupcakes